For applying for Hong Kong visa you have to be aware of multiple details of the immigration process. There are many types of visas for Hong Kong. You should know which one you want to apply for, before starting the application process.
Hong Kong Visit Visa: If you wish to go to Hong Kong for a holiday or to visit family or friends you need a visit visa.
Hong Kong Student Visa: If you have got admission in a college or university in Hong Kong you can apply for a student visa.
Hong Kong Work Visa: There are many companies in Hong Kong that hire expats. This is the visa you can apply for if you have an offer from a company.
Hong Kong Investment Visa: If you are a self-employed person looking to move to Hong Kong you can apply for this visa.
Hong Kong Dependent Visa: This is a visa for families, children, and parents of people living in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Training Visa: If you wish to get training in Hong Kong you can apply for this visa.
Hong Kong Domestic Help Visa: Domestic help can obtain visas but have to live in their employer’s home.
Hong Kong Permanent Residency: If you have lived continuously in Hong Kong for seven years then you are entitled to a permanent residence visa.
Who is eligible to Apply?
- Applicants interested in immigration to Hong Kong must be minimum 18 years old at the time of filing application.
- Applicants who are keen on Hong Kong immigration must be capable of supporting themselves financially in getting accommodation, as well as providing support to their dependents.
- The applicant should have a crime-free record.
- Applicants who are intent on Hong Kong immigration must prove their proficiency in written as well as spoken English or Chinese. Applicants with a score of an average of 6.0 in IELTS are eligible to apply under QMAS.
- The applicant should be in possession of a good education background with a first class degree in the relevant field of study, in special cases, technical qualifications and relevant experience will also be considered.
- The applicant needs to have a confirmed employment offer for a position that is relevant to his qualifications and experience and the vacancy for the position is genuine and is not filled by the local workforce.
- The remuneration being offered should be in line with the prevailing market level for employees working in a similar and comparable job in the HKSAR.
Hong Kong Visa Required Documentation
- Clear Colored Front and Last full page of Valid Indian passport copies with a minimum validity of six months.
- Applicant’s Home Country address and contact details (Employer details in case of Business visit / School Details for children).
- Details of previous visits to Hong Kong in the last 03 years (Month & Year).
- Details of all previous visits to other countries other than Hong Kong, in the last 03 years (Month & Year).
- Applicant’s Mobile number.
- Any of the following Identity Proof:-
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Any of the following Current Address Proof:-
- Aadhaar Card
- Last month Electricity Bill
- A copy of your financial statements
- A copy of your flight itinerary
The application process for Hong Kong immigration and visa from India
You can submit an application either at a Chinese embassy or consulate or online at the Hong Kong government’s official website. You will be notified if your application is successful, once you have submitted it and will receive a PAR Notification Slip. Before you sign it make sure to check all the data is correct.