Canada immigration is the most coveted way for aspirants to avail the most sought after social benefits, healthcare facilities and abundance of educational benefits of Canada. Its PR Visa strengthens the immigrants’ chances of getting a better lifestyle and work opportunities in Canada.
People from foreign countries can be welcomed by the Canadian government through different pathways, like entering as a skilled worker, a student or a visitor. To get settled and fasten up your life you persistently need to find a suitable job to earn the livelihood and to fulfill the eligibility criteria for attaining PR. And finding work in Canada is not so a hectic task, it’s quite easy to find a job that interests you.
Your life in Canada depends on a job offer from a Canadian employer.
- With a full-time permanent job offer, you may qualify for ‘arranged employment’ under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or for a ‘Skilled Worker category’ of PNP. Falling into any one of these will entitle you to fast-track Canadian Immigration.
- If you have a job offer of any temporary employment, you may get permitted to a ‘Temporary Work Permit’. With it, you could be in Canada for a matter of weeks to months. Many foreign skilled workers start with this category to enter Canada on a work permit basis and can eventually qualify for fast-track Canadian Immigration (Permanent Residence) through one of the PNP’s.
Eligibility requirements for all applicants
There are few minimum necessities you need to meet before applying to any type of work permit. Requirements are as follows;
- assure to an officer that you will depart Canada when your work permit expires
- showcase your financial status to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay
- obey Canadian laws, rules and regulations and have no previous record of criminal activity
- assurance of your good health with a medical examination certificate
- make sure that you’ll not work for an employer who, regularly, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages, and
- provide authorities with documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country
About the process
Most foreign nationals need a work permit to work and consequently live in Canada. A candidate needs to get the right work permit according to your situation, as there are 2 types of work permits.
Employer-specific work permit-
An employer-specific work permit allows you to work in Canada according to the circumstances on your work permit, such as:
- name of the employer you can work for
- for how long you can work
- the location where you can work
Before you apply for ‘employer-specific work permit’, the employer who wishes to hire you must complete few formalities and provide you with a Labor market impact assessment or offer of employment number to include in your application.
In an open work permit category, you work for an employer in Canada, except for:
- is scheduled as ineligible,
- Employers that offer striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages.