Provincial nominee is one of the immigration programs, for if you want to immigrate to Canada, or in any Canadian province or territory. As it allows you to migrate to your selected province across Canada who is appropriate for its labor market, as well as for economy.
The very initial step is to apply for the PNP in the desired province or territory where you want to settle. To qualify you must have the required skills, education level and work experience which will make you an eligible and qualifying candidate.
The specific province or territory where you wish to be migrated will assess you according to their own requirements.
Highlighting Benefits of applying through PNP for immigration
PNP programs are somewhat different from Federal immigration programs, as in this particular program you can enjoy the;
- Liberty to choose a province your own,
- No job offer is required
- Points are allocated for area of training which you have,
- No botheration of pool selections,
And there are much more to be explored if you wish to.
How the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) works
This program is for workers who:
- have the desired skills, minimum education and follows the work experience to contribute to the economic status
- want to live in that province, and
- desire to become permanent residents of Canada
Each province and territory has its own conditions (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements. For instance, in a program stream, provinces and territories may target:
- business people
- skilled workers
- semi-skilled workers
What application options do you have?
An applicant has two ways to apply for PNP program in any particular province in Canada.
Apply to a Province directly: you can either directly apply at a chosen territory/ province where you wish to immigrate. Here are steps that you need to follow for PNP application:
- Choose your province and apply in PNP program.
- You apply to the province or territory for nomination under a non-Express Entry stream.
- You need to meet the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you.
- Your applications will be reviewed based on the selection criteria/ point system of that particular province
- If you get selected you will get a nomination letter from the province
- Based on the nomination, you can apply for permanent residency in Canada to Immigration refugee citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Express Entry process: or you can opt to apply through express entry system.
For Express Entry process, there are further subdivided ways to apply:
- You straight forward approach the specific province or territory and apply for a nomination under an Express Entry stream.
- If the province or territory agrees to nominate you, you create an Express Entry profile (or update your profile if you already have one) and show you have been nominated.
- You generate an Express Entry profile and illustrate the provinces and territories you’re interested in.
- If a province or territory sends you a “notification of interest” to your account, you contact them straight.
- You apply to their Express Entry stream:
- If you’re selected, the province will offer it to you through your account, and you accept it electronically.
But for both the cases:
- You must meet the eligibility necessities of that particular province or territory. And,
- You must submit an Express Entry profile and show that you successful fulfill the minimum criteria for Express Entry, including being eligible for one or the other immigration program.
- Moreover, if you are selected for applying, you submit an electronic based application to IRCC.
Choose a province or territory
To be nominated by a province or territory, you must follow the instructions on their website and contact them directly:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland & Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
The selection criteria of all the provinces, territories may vary from each other in terms and conditions for choosing its candidates.
Which is best to apply for Canada PR- Express entry or PNP?
It is one of the most commonly asked question which encounters that what is the better option to chose between applying through Express entry or to apply from PNP. Well both have their own benefits and drawbacks if we compare and contrast them both together. Express entry system is a large scaled with dense amount of applications, due to its wide array of criteria and conditions. Also it is still most popularly used way to immigrate to Canada.
It calculates your score in respect to many factors like age, level of education, work experience, language skills and so on. A candidate is rated with maximum score of 1200 including all major analyzed aspects.
However, if you feel that your CRS is not that productive for Express entry, then you can definitely apply viva PNP for Canada PR. This is because Provincial nominee program has a less rigid and strict criteria for taking applicants in.