Canada’s visa process is quite disconcerting and challenging as it involves a lot of research and paperwork. However, the main point is to understand what the Canadian authorities demand from potential immigrants and then select the course accordingly. Always remember that Canada itself requires immigration, so if you find the right track which would benefit you and also shows how Canada can profit from having you then you will successfully have Canada visa. But before that, you need to ensure about what immigration options you have and which suits you well. Depending upon your objectives and personal conditions there are many ways of obtaining Canadian visas and permanent residency. There are different types of visas in Canada i.e. Temporary Visa, Study Visa, Work Visa, and Permanent Resident.
A Canadian Temporary Visa is a great option for those who wish to come to Canada for studies, work or for vacations. If you are planning to be in Canada only for a limited period of time, then the Temporary Visa is the best option for you.
The benefit of studying in Canada is that you get the right to bring your family as well as a spouse with you. You can also apply for open work permit in Canada after the completion of your Studies. It is the ideal destination for International Students as the Canadian government provides complete right and freedom of work while studying.
Canada Tourist Visa
Canada has the longest ski season in the world and some of the most spectacular natural wonders on the planet. It’s no wonder tourists continue to flock to Canada in record numbers. Every year, more than 5 million people visit Canada to enjoy the many opportunities Canada has to offer. Canada is definitely a mixture of high altitude mountains, peaceful national parks, tall towers, luxurious restaurants, and majestic waterfalls.
Quebec, with its baroque architecture, shines brightly when it comes to tourism. Romance permeates the ambiance of this French Canadian province. The Citadel is another great example of the architectural genius housed in Quebec. If you love to ski and snowboard, then you must head straight for Whistler. It is the largest ski and snowboard reserve in Canada and even in North America. You can definitely find great accommodation in luxurious hotels. Further, museums and art galleries are just around the corner.
How to Apply for Canada Tourist Visa?
Tourist Visa application for Canada is quite simple. You can apply online or at a Canada immigration and visa center. The application forms are available online and can be printed out for offline submission. You’ll also have to attach the VFS consent form with your application form.
Once you’ve filled in the visa applications and attached or uploaded the documents, you need to pay the visa fee. You can find a list of all documents required on the website of CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada).
Who is eligible to Apply?
There aren’t many eligibility criteria for acquiring a Canada Tourist Visa. Some of these criteria are mentioned below:
- A Valid Passport
- Health Certificate
- Consent from parents if you’re under 18
- Funds to support self during the stay in Canada.
Canada Working Holiday Visa
Canada Working Holiday Visa offers a great opportunity for young individuals to get valuable experience in Canada while being on a short term holiday. The individuals between 18-30 and 18-35 are eligible for the visa, based on their nationality. The working holiday program is offered by the Canadian government through International Experience Canada (IEC) Visa. However, the working holiday program is meant for the countries having an agreement with Canada to enhance the exchange of culture and heritage among the countries with different cultural aspects, lifestyle, and identity. The program is specially aimed to provide youth exposure and experience in different countries.
Who is eligible to Apply?
- Must be a citizen of the countries, which have bilateral youth mobility agreement with Canada
- Must be outside Canada when submitting an application for the visa upon the grant
- Must be between 18-30 or 18-35 (based on the nationality) years of age when submitting the application for the visa
- Need to submit an application not more than 12 months before the visit
- Pay the required fees for the visa
- Must not be accompanied by any dependent
- Should have a round trip air ticket or funds to purchase the same before the departure
- Require meeting the health and character parameters
- Need to have enough funds (at least 2500 CAD$) to support your stay in the beginning
- Need to have enough health insurance coverage for your period of stay in Canada
- Prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires
- Obey the law and have no record of criminal activity
- Not be a danger to Canada’s security
- Not planning to work for an employer listed with the status “ineligible” on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions
- Not planning to work for an employer who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages
- Give the officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country.
Depending upon your nationality you can also apply for Canada visitor visa to travel during vacations. While applying there is a major requirement in which you will have to satisfy that your stay in Canada is temporary and you will return back at the end of your visa.