Family visa

Canada is one of the best countries with rich cultural multiplicity, social benefits, highly developed infrastructure facilities, quality of life to raise children here. Thus, it is a big and opportune place to live and work. Also, the country is ranked as number one in quality of life it has given the people so far. If you are already living or are planning to move into Canada with your family, you will be able to give them the best of life.

As an existing Canadian citizen or to be a permanent resident, you have all the rights and liberty to bring your family members along with you if you’re working well and earning sufficient to feed them. They can also legally work and live in Canada. 

There is an approx. bracket tied up by the authorities regarding the age requirement, as who can be sponsored in a Family visa. So, before you apply for someone’s application into a family visa one must check that a person must be at least 18 years old. Also, anyone under this age cannot file a Canadian family-sponsorship visa application.

Who Can Be Sponsored

Canada is dedicated to family reunions. As part of their immigration programs, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (government division that looks after immigration matters) have a specific visa type known as the Family Sponsorship Visa, which enables existing PR holding people to welcome and live with their families. Canadian citizens or immigrants who have attained permanent residents can sponsor the following family members:

  • Spouse, Common-law Partner, Conjugal partner
  • Brothers and sisters
  • Dependent children
  • Parents
  • Grandchildren
  • Grandparents
  • Other relatives

You can sponsor only if:

  • You must be at least 18 years old,
  • A Canadian citizen or,
  • A permanent resident of Canada 
  • A person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or

Who can’t sponsor visa:

  • Person in prison
  • is subject to a removal order
  • is under the process of bankruptcy
  • someone who is receiving social assistance from the government
  • Have been convicted of any offense 
  • Have failed to pay back previous immigration loans,
  • Someone who has sponsored a family member earlier and failed to meet the terms
  • Have sponsored a spouse or partner earlier who has not been a permanent resident for more than 3 years.



Ridge Migration provides you with completely unbiased opinion of your chances of success, free of charge