Important things that you should know about AINP
What is AINP
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is one of the immigration programs through which a wide variety of workers, graduates, and entrepreneurs can get the opportunity to settle in Alberta permanently. The AINP is one of Canada’s Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP).
Immigrants to Alberta are fascinated by ample no. of job opportunities across the province and high living standards. The provincial capital, Edmonton, as well as the bit wide Calgary and a host of smaller communities across the province, have experienced immense economic growth over recent years.
How to apply for AINP
Here are general guidelines for applying to AINP:
- Create express entry profile: where you will have to provide certain basic personal information such as age, employment history, educational qualification, marital status, siblings/close relatives in Canada (if any), etc.
- An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is a necessary step, as it is to verify your educational qualifications. This is mandatory for both the Express Entry program and Alberta Immigration Nominee Program.
- Minimum IELTS exam score for the Express Entry program. If English is your first language, then you must obtain a basic score of 7 CLB across the different segments of the IELTS exam. There are different scores according to first language priorities.
- After creating your profile and submitted it online along with relevant documentation. The IRCC will make a thorough evaluation and thereafter assign a certain CRS score to it. This score will be of main consideration for your immigration to Canada. So it is suggested that you do score maximum and thereby ensure selection for Canada immigration.
- After getting your CRS score, your profile gets ranked in the Express Entry candidate pool. Your selection chances also depend on o no. of applications received because your immigration selection will hinge upon the prominence of other high ranking profiles. If there are many such profiles, then your chances may get lesser.
- When Express Entry draws are announced, you will be able to see whether your profile has qualified the minimum rank or not. However, if you have attained provincial nomination, then you are most likely to make the grade for immigration.
The process for getting the Provincial Nomination from Alberta is sorted & easy. After completing the above mentioned official procedure, the prospective immigrant will receive an immigration nomination and thus will nearly guarantee selection in the upcoming draws. Just like any application, it requires to be as prepared as possible when it comes to the time for submitting your AINP application. With that in mind, you always should be ready with an awareness of all the relevant AINP terms and conditions, read the AINP selection criteria thoroughly, check well on language criteria, download the Document Checklist and complete the required form with full attention.
- Successful applicants of the AINP will receive a provincial nomination certificate. With this nomination, the applicant, as well as his or her associated family members, if applicable, can apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for Canadian permanent residence.
Processing time for AINP
The processing time for the federal or state programs differs from each profile and is subject to various factors such as the volume of applications received, analyzing with each profile, documentation, its verification, and other related procedures, like reading-related market variables and assessments, etc.
A given application will typically be processed within 7 to 8 months. However, the Canadian immigration authorities may take a bit longer for the verification process. Alternatively, your immigration consultancy firm will tell you the exact time to be taken and also can speed up the immigration process by opting for the most streamlined and quick pathways to immigration.