The most popular destination for Indians to work could be Australia. But they have strict rules on applying for a visa. A lot of Indians who decided to apply on Australia are appointed to subclass 457 visa categories, which is scrapped now and a new visa subclass is introduced with stringent rules for Australian companies to sponsor the workers from abroad. There are many opportunities to work in Australia, either temporarily or permanently. From General Skilled Migration to a Working Holiday, you can live and work in Australia by acquiring a visa.
Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)
The 482 visa is a temporary work visa for skilled workers in jobs where there is a labour shortage.
GSM, General Skilled Migration
The General Skilled Migration (GSM) program is an Australian visa program for skilled migrants. This points-based system assesses your ability and compatibility to live and work in Australia.
SkillSelect is an online system for the immigration of workers and business people to Australia. It is operated by the Australian government’s Department of Immigration and Border Protection. SkillsSelect can help you find and apply for a job in Australia.
Australian Business Visas
If you want to come to Australia to conduct business, you may be eligible for a business visa. There are several types of business visas available for temporary stay and permanent residency.
The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Card is a form of identification for frequent business travellers within the APEC region. It allows business people to travel freely between countries without the hassle of obtaining a visa or entry permits. See if you qualify.
- Passport (with a minimum of 6 months validity)
- 2-3 recent photographs.
- Job offer letter.
- Proof of dependents, if applicable.
- Health and travel insurance.
- Good conduct documentation.
- Personal Character Assessment (Form 80).
- Curriculum vitae, Mark-sheets and certificates.
- English Language competency.
APPLYING FOR A WORK VISA
- The first step involves determining the category of work visa based upon the job offer.
- The applicant must satisfy the requirements of a points-based assessment, if applicable.
- The employer must complete an online nomination/sponsorship form, if applicable before the individual can apply for the visa.
- The individual must fill out the online application form of the particular visa category.
- Any relevant information and supplemental documents must be submitted along with the application.
- The visa application fees must be paid for the visa to be processed.